How much time do you spend on social media every day? What news and articles do you read? What videos do you watch on YouTube? How many channels and SEO groups are you subscribed to? How many successful projects do you have? What is your income and is it satisfactory for you? Why do you fill your head with terabytes of information every day? How does this information help you to be more effective, successful, happy? How have you put all this knowledge into practice?
I thought I had found the answers to these questions a long time ago, but I still had no way of structuring my observations and conclusions into a single, coherent picture
I have tried to put it into simplified, structured lists, a checklist on how to stop wasting your time absorbing unnecessary information and free it up for practice.
A sign of useless knowledge
- Comfort. The more pleasant and easy knowledge is gained, the more likely it is that this knowledge is unnecessary
- Learning without a purpose. When there is a clear and necessary goal, you automatically discard the unnecessary.
- If you do not deliberately pursue the acquisition of necessary knowledge, you will pursue the acquisition of unnecessary knowledge.
- The useless knowledge finds you, do not worry about it, the usefull knowledge is almost always worth finding by yourself.
- Studying other people's success stories is useless knowledge. Don't study it, study other people's mistakes. You are 99% likely not to repeat someone else's success, but with the same probability repeat all his mistakes. Success is unique, mistakes are common to all.
- This knowledge does not help you solve the problem.
- This knowledge does not improve you in any way
Signs of usefull knowledge
- Making an effort
- Solves a specific problem or task
- Knowledge improves your mind
- Helps you achieve a goal
- Increases your creativity
Interesting facts about knowledge
- The value of knowledge is directly determined by your goals
- The more comfortable and free time we have, the more we clog them with unnecessary knowledge. Keep an eye on this and keep yourself sharp at all times
- The less the need, the more unnecessary the knowledge. As wealth increases, the motivation to learn something is lost
- Practice follows the way of minimizing useless knowledge, theory follows the way of accumulating it
- Theory leads by complication, practice always seeks simplification
- Knowledge without action does not lead to success, and vice versa, action without knowledge often leads to results
- You don't need a lot of money to get it, almost everything you need is already available for free, you just need to find it.
- Effective people are not those who have the best knowledge, but those who find the best uses for the knowledge they already have.
Steps for success
- Motivation to fix the current situation
- Acquiring the right knowledge
- 120 views